17 February 2012

Something New

I am training for a half marathon in San Diego on 3 June 2012. I started the training about 3 weeks ago and have been enjoying the wonderful runs that I have been doing. So far I have only ran 3 miles at once. I have a little ways to go since 13.1 miles is the official distance of the race. I have been training with a group called Team in Training. It is put together by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help raise funds to find new treatments to fight the blood borne cancers. I have dedicated my training and race to my uncle Kelly McArthur. He fought a long hard battle against Hodgkins and non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I hope that we can soon find a cure for all forms of cancer so that people don't have to go through what my uncle did. Please vistit my website to make a donation to help fight cancer. I will update every weekend on my progress for the half marathon.

No comments: